[Qgis-developer] vector rendering improvement patch

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 23:46:50 PDT 2013

> Ok Andreas, I'm going to make it configurable, will present a new option
in the main properties form of the layer

I suppose he meant to do not draw simplidied geometries during editing
because it would obviously lead to produce unconsistent edits.

giovanni

> About of simplification in "editmode". I think is not necessary disable
it, the simplification runs only on the method of painting
"QgsVectorLayer::draw", not when you retrieve a geometry to treat your
information.

> Alvaro

dev-community suggests, will be as you say! :-)

>It should probably be, as according to the style applied to the
geometries, >the simplification could be something we want for some layers
and not for >others. >A checkbox in the layer properties dialog could be
interesting. >Then we would have to decide if we want it activated by
default or not for >dataproviders supporting it. We could have a global
option for that default >too. >Vincent