[Qgis-developer] old svg icons from <= QGIS 1.8

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Fri Oct 25 11:17:58 PDT 2013

Hi Otto,

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Otto Dassau <dassau at gbd-consult.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found that for the new and default icon theme in QGIS 2 many svg symbols,
> e.g. north arrows are missing. Is there a special reason, why they are
> removed and not available anymore?

Please see this discussion [0] and pull request [1]. Since it is too late
for inclusion in 2.0, and makes no sense to reintroduce the deprecated SVG
files for 2.x, I recommend archiving them and providing a download link on
the web site. I think according to Olivier, these would be the ones to
include [2].

[0]
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/many-SVG-symbols-disappeared-td5051296.html
[1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/644