[Qgis-developer] how to create project on hub.qis.org?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Oct 28 23:31:52 PDT 2013

Well, that statement isn't wrong. We do like for people to create plugin
repos on hub.qgis.org because it helps to make all the plugins more
discoverable and easily adoptable by other member of the qgis community.
It also means there's a single site for filing bugs for QGIS and Plugins
to QGIS.

However the process to create a new repo requires human interaction, you
have to communicate with us and then we say ok and grant you permissions
to upload plugins (the bar is really low). This is similar to how all
things to plugins.qgis.org are not automatically approved the 1st time
either. It's just spam prevention that a login doesn't auto grant
permissions.

The github thing, is just that it happens to be common for people to
already have and want to use github. The downside is we can't track bugs
all in once place. So we suggest if you use github that you use hub.qgis
for bug tracking. Note you could also use bitbucket, gitlab,
sourceforge, or whatever other hosting for your source you want.

Thanks,
Alex