[Qgis-developer] WMS provider in Python?

Enzo Ciarmoli enzo.ciarmoli at csi.it
Thu Oct 31 04:05:07 PDT 2013

Hi all,

In Python I would to parse WMS GetCapabilities:
the main goal is to gather informations of all exposed layers

I might be wrong, but in QGIS 2.0 API I didn't found any interface or class to
achieve this.
Instead in QGIS source there is qgswmsprovider.cpp that has all methods that I
need.

I already have a simple wms parser in python but possibly I wouldn't duplicate
code... nor to use external python libraries like OWSLib.

Any suggestion to achieve this without reinventing the wheel?

TIA

 Enzo Ciarmoli