[Qgis-developer] Infrastructure for plugin settings

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 09:41:08 PDT 2013

Hi

I am thinking about changing the Processing config dialog a bit (not
now, it will be after 2.0 is released) and making it a bit more
generic, and I think that it would be good to have a unified platform
for settings/options that can be used by all plugins. I believe this
has been mentioned sometimes, but AFAIK there is nothing ready and no
work has been done on this.

My idea is to have some core functionality that plugins can use to
register their config parameters, so plugin developers do not have to
worry about creating a UI for that, but just read the parameter values
when needed. All settings for all available plugins would be handled
from a single dialog, similar to the "options" one that is used for
core QGIS settings.

Any thoughts on this? Does something like this exists, or do you think
it is a good idea to work on it?

thanks in advance

Victor