[Qgis-developer] Master branch splash screen

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Sat Sep 7 10:29:10 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 2:26 AM, Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at> wrote:

> next try: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.**com/u/42637169/qgis21_**
> 1generic.png<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42637169/qgis21_1generic.png>
>
> now in green with "dev" instead of "2.1" :)

I like the layout and color selection. Not sure I understand the leaf (?)
background, though QGIS is used quite a bit for forestry and bio-sciences.

Just a thought: maybe instead try a bunch of translucent icons (new icons
for add layers?) floating/swirling around. I realize this is just an
interim splash, but could be something like that might make a good graphic
for the web site as well. That really is one of QGIS strongest core
features: its ability to work with so many providers, both open and
proprietary. Plus those new layer icons look good.

If the new group photo is similar to the last two (a row or two of faces),
then the use of both dev and master words in the layout means dev may cover
some faces. 'Master' is really from git nomenclature, while dev is probably
more commonly understood. So, I suggest just removing master and lowering
dev to make more room for the photo. Maybe try dev in the master's yellow,
then.

Regards,

Larry