[Qgis-developer] Pull request responsibility

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Mon Sep 9 01:36:46 PDT 2013

On Fre 06 Sep 2013 15:24:33 CEST, Martin Dobias wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 4:52 PM, Matthias Kuhn <matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch> wrote:
>>
>> However, I just found a pull request which is assigned to me and I
>> didn't realize before. Same happened already several times, when asking
>> an assigned developer about the status, he normally didn't know about
>> his assignment. At the same time, others will hesitate from taking care
>> of a pull request assigned to somebody else.
>
> Same here. The worst of all is that there is no way how to actually
> find out which pull requests are assigned to me unless I go through
> them one by one. Some time ago I have asked GitHub guys about that -
> they told me that it is possible to see what is assigned to you, but
> we would need to turn on GitHub issue tracking system where this
> feature is integrated...
>
> Martin

We just did a test and didn't find a solution for getting a list of
assigned pull requests (or assignment notifications) even with issue
tracking turned on. It seems you only get this list for issues assigned
to you, but still not for pull requests. So we would still need to open
an issue for every pull request. We can do that on our own issue
tracker also I guess.

Marco, did your "assigned to @developer" test work?

Matthias