[Qgis-developer] QGIS 2.0 Win standalone busted

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt
Sat Sep 21 06:27:43 PDT 2013

>    8. Re: QGIS 2.0 Win standalone busted (Paolo Cavallini)

> On 2013-09-21 00:28, Victor Olaya wrote:
>> I have just found out that it does not contain SAGA... I think it was
>> supposed to be included so it could be called from Processing... Can
>> anyone confirm this?
>
> This is also my interpretation. I think providing saga in the
> standalone package is the only realistic way of having people fully
> using Processing.

I have run a set of tests on Windows, and here following my notes. It
seems to me that there are not only issue with the processing
framework, but also with the installers itselfs.

I used using a *clean* Windows 7 machine and after testing each
installer I carefully cleaned any trace of qgis by removing registry
keys, installation leftovers anthe .qgis2 folder and cleaning again
with ccleaner.

*) standolone installer 32bit: both grass and saga are not found by
processing regardless the installation path (with spaces or no spaces,
I tested also install in c:\qgis).

When trying to open a GRASS module the error is (in the qgis log)

OGR[3] error 4: Unable to open
C:/PROGRA~1/QGISDU~1/apps/qgis/./python/plugins\processing\tests\data\points.shp
or C:/PROGRA~1/QGISDU~1/apps/qgis/./python/plugins\processing\tests\data\points.SHP.

I noticed also that:

this installer install the software in "program file" and not in
"program files(x86)" as expected for a 32bit program in a 64bit
Windows.

When configuring processing the qgis log shows this

"edit: editing failed"

I tried to manually set/escape the GRASS paths in processing at no avail.

*) standalone installer 64bit: saga is not found by processing. GRASS
is found, modules run but at the end they return errors.

The error (in the qgis log) is

OGR[3] error 4: Unable to open
C:/PROGRA~1/QGISDU~1/apps/qgis/./python/plugins\processing\tests\data\points.shp
or C:/PROGRA~1/QGISDU~1/apps/qgis/./python/plugins\processing\tests\data\points.SHP.

and this "points.shp" has nothing to do with the module being run.

Please note that the same GRASS modules with the same inputs works ok
with qgis installed with osgeo4w (see below).

QGIS installed with this installer now gives an error when launching.
See this image

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0pitcgcxpzg3mb/Capture.JPG

It does NOT give the "edit: editing failed" error when configuring processing.

*) osgeo4w 64bit installer:

on start qgis gives the same error given by the 64 bit standalone
installer (see above).

Saga works. GRASS modules run but they return an error (see above).

I noticed also that this osgeo4w installer does not automatically
selects the dependencies and that it is not possible to install from a
local folder as it enters in a loop and does not allow to see the last
dialog, the one with the install/finish button.

*) osgeo4w installer:

I see the

"edit: editing failed"

message when configuring processing, but overall it seems that
everything is ok, saga and grass do run as expected.grass modules are
running and returning results (with the same modules and inputs, the
standalone installers and the osgeo4w64 don't).

*) osgeo4w 32bit experimental installer

same as osgeo4w installer.