[Qgis-developer] import CSV to an existing layer

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 05:08:51 PDT 2013

Hi Nathan,

I understand your point.

But this would require more steps: add the layer to the project, copy
the features (with field mapping) and remove the layer.
I see a main usage of appending to an existing layer in the import of
GPS points for example. So mainly csv files.
It's true that there could be a great interest for shape files.

The point is that I can use the existing header of the table in the
demilited text UI to do the field mapping. So, it should not be a great
effort to do so.

It's clear that there is no a great cohesion with all these add layers
dialogs and I don't want to add more confusion to this.
But is there any plan to improve this?

Denis