[Qgis-developer] import CSV to an existing layer

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 05:26:36 PDT 2013

I don't think having three steps is a bad thing per se.  To me the workflow
is a lot clearer, expandable, and fixable.  This function doesn't belong in
the add layer dialogs because it's not their purpose.  What happens if I
wanted to append a shape file to a MS SQL layer?   This is why I think it
should be a higher level function that just take two layers and a field
mapping and runs though layer1 and appends to layer2

- Nathan