[Qgis-developer] OS X 2.0 packages update

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Sep 28 12:26:07 PDT 2013

Just an hour ago I discovered a problem with the bundled GRASS.

Quick fix, in a Terminal:

sudo chmod +x /Applications/QGIS.app/Contents/MacOS/grass/grass.sh

I'll package an update later.

QGIS has its own bundled GRASS, and should find it automatically.  It should be possible to use an installed GRASS, but you have to know what to enter for the path (not the .app, but the MacOS folder inside the app).

On Sep 28, 2013, at 2:14 PM, Noli Sicad wrote:

> Hi William,
>
> Yes, OTB plugin is working now. I read the QGIS user ML archive ( Re:
> OS X 2.0 packages - Try) update and found out there is a new version
> of the installer, so download it and installed it before your email
> below.
>
> Now, I am trying to figure out why my GRASS plugin is still now not
> working in Processing. It seems "Processing" could not still find the
> right things to run GRASS. Any suggestion how to fix this issue?
>
> BTW, I also installed GRASS standalone in my system. I understand this
> might not be needed to run the GRASS Plugin in "Processing".
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Regards, Noli
>

> On 9/28/13, William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:
>> I understand.  And I'm saying that that link error (and many others) is
>> fixed in the current build.  You don't need anything else installed for OTB
>> to work, OTB and the libraries/frameworks linked are included in QGIS.app.
>>
>> Note that when I re-fixed the installer I didn't bump the version number
>> (because the broken package was still the old package), so make sure to
>> download it again.
>>
>> On Sep 27, 2013, at 8:49 PM, Noli Sicad wrote:
>>
>>> Hi William,
>>>
>>> In the last screenshot on the OTB Plugin for QGIS 2.0.1-2 Mac OS X
>>> error that I sent you, it seems that there is dynamic library that is
>>> not loading.
>>>
>>> "dylb: Library not loaded" (in the screenshot error)
>>>
>>> In compiling OTB Plugin for QGIS 2.0.1-2 Mac OS X, does OTB-Plugin
>>> requires OTB binary installed in your system?
>>>
>>> What might be this dynamic library not loading, (i.e. what is this
>>> library)?
>>>
>>> I hope we can make OTB plugin working in Mac OS X.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Regards, Noli

>> -----
>> William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos*at*kyngchaos*dot*com>
>> http://www.kyngchaos.com/
>>
>> First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled with
>> hyena offal?
>> Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in a
>> bucket filled with hyena offal?
>> First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?
>>
>> -HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect