[Qgis-developer] The case for bugfix releases

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Sep 30 01:37:57 PDT 2013

Am 30.09.2013 10:30, schrieb Jürgen E. Fischer:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 30. Sep 2013 at 08:53:06 +0200, Sandro Santilli wrote:
>> Also, insisting in the production of binary makes the release process more
>> complex than it could be. Binary packaging and source releases should be
>> separate processes, IMHO.
>
> Any only else share the opinion that we should stop making packages and trust
> that others will pick up?

Probably not for the most popular platforms (Windows, OSX,
Ubuntu/Debian). I hope that one day we will have enough donations to pay
for the release and packaging work. Or maybe a commercial QGIS support
company will have enough contract work that allows it to subsidize work
and be responsible for the packaging of at least one of the major
platforms. This way the packaging work could be better distributed.

Andreas