[Qgis-developer] The case for bugfix releases

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 02:21:27 PDT 2013

I'm not sure how feasible a service pack type release is. It might be
possible to ship only the binaries that have changed in a self extracting
zip but I'm not sure.

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 7:18 PM, Jonathan Moules <
jonathanmoules at warwickshire.gov.uk> wrote:

> be a lot of effort and potentially can wipe out a users preferences

New installs of QGIS with the same major version don't wipe or remove any
settings as far as I know.  I have always been able to install over the top
of my 2.0 install with the recent builds and it keeps my plugins and
settings.

- Nathan