[Qgis-developer] install instructions

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Sep 30 07:35:45 PDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 8:15 PM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:

> Barry - To clarify again, the Ubuntugis version is the same version of
> QGIS, what differs is GDAL, PROJ and GEOS - by significant version, ie
> gdal 1.8 vs 1.10
>
> This is critical because 1.10.x supports more of the formats people
> having been asking for like HDF, etc...

 Another annoyance: I can't get SAGA geoprocessing working. I think
this is because the saga version on ubuntugis-unstable is 2.0.8, but
QGIS requires 2.1 according to:

http://docs.qgis.org/2.0/html/en/docs/user_manual/processing/3rdParty.html

 Also, those docs mention an option I can't find: the "SAGA Folder"
setting in the SAGA configuration. Is this supposed to be in the
Processing/Options and Configuration dialog in QGIS 2.0? - Maybe that
will either magically appear when I do get SAGA 2.1 installed or its a
hangover from an earlier QGIS....

 Sorry to bring these up post-release, but I had to upgrade my machine
first and didn't want to do that before FOSS4G!

Barry