[Qgis-developer] qgis on slackware

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Sep 30 08:19:30 PDT 2013

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 05:36:40PM +0300, Alexander Bruy wrote:

> I contacted QGIS SlackBuild maintainer. Now at SlackBuilds.org there
> is a SlackBuild for QGIS 1.8. SlackBuild for QGIS 2.0 already uploaded
> (to be precise, it uploaded at 20-Sep-2013 19:33) and now waits for
> approval. When it will be approved, it automatically will replace old one
> for QGIS 1.8.

Isn't it lovely how the slackware packager is independent from
the core team ? Can you ask if he got the code from a source
tarball or from git ? It's a pity if Slackware users can only
get a 2.0 version with broken symbology for directed edge layer
of topologies, maybe he'd happily upload a 2.0.2 if it was tagged ?

--strk;