[Qgis-developer] qgis on slackware

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 07:36:40 PDT 2013

Hi Richard,

SlackBuilds.org is an one of the "official repositories" for Slackware.
It provides scripts with build/install rules (so called SlackBuilds) that
used to create packages from sources. This is correct way to install
packages in Slackware.

Slackbuilds are bash scripts that contain all necessary information for
creating package including compiler flags, configure options etc. So
user always can look at this script, adjust it and create package with
all desired functionality and without unused options.

I contacted QGIS SlackBuild maintainer. Now at SlackBuilds.org there
is a SlackBuild for QGIS 1.8. SlackBuild for QGIS 2.0 already uploaded
(to be precise, it uploaded at 20-Sep-2013 19:33) and now waits for
approval. When it will be approved, it automatically will replace old one
for QGIS 1.8.

So I hope we can add to downloads page link

http://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.0/academic/qgis/

Currently this is for version 1.8, I'll track it and when it will be updated
I'll let you know

--
Alexander Bruy