[Qgis-developer] Composer preview modes - looking for testing and advice

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 03:33:16 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I've just sent through a pull request which implements interactive
preview modes to the composer. These allow you to instantly see what
your composition would look like in grayscale, b&w, or for color blind
people. The pull request is here:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/1294

HOWEVER - there's an issue somewhere in the code which I can't track
down (or replicate). In Nathan's testing switching on any of these
preview modes stops the composer view widget from repainting
(effectively freezing the composer) until the effect is disabled. I've
tested this feature on a range of windows and linux environments but
can't reproduce this or figure out why it is happening for Nathan. So,
any advice from any qt experts on what is going wrong here would be
greatly appreciated...

Cheers,
Nyall