[Qgis-developer] opeNoise – new QGIS plugin to model noise

Stefano Masera stefano.masera at arpa.piemonte.it
Mon Apr 7 05:17:07 PDT 2014

Hi list!
I'm happy to announce the first release of opeNoise (v.0.1), an experimental QGIS plugin that allows to compute the noise level generated by road traffic at fixed receiver points and buildings.

I hope it can be useful and you want to test it and give me some feedback.

You can download it from the QGIS official repository (experimental plugins).

Thanks to all!
All the best,
Stefano

MORE INFO:
The plugin is created by Arpa Piemonte ( www.arpa.piemonte.it ), with the support of Città di Torino (www.comune.torino.it). Contacts: s.masera at arpa.piemonte.it, enrico.gallo at comune.torino.it.

The calculation is based on the French national computation method NMPB-Routes-96, as indicated in the DIRECTIVE 2002/49/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 25 June 2002 relating to the assessment and management of environmental noise.

Please consider the following semplifications:
- the modelization is 2D (only the distance receiver points - roads is calculated considering the receiver points at 4m on the ground);
- no reflections or diffractions are calculated;
- the terrain is flat.

Repository: https://github.com/Arpapiemonte/openoise
Bugs: http://hub.qgis.org/projects/openoise