[Qgis-developer] Adding plugins to core?

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 13:57:00 PDT 2014

I agree, each plugin is a different world. It's true that core
development can bring further integration, but maybe moving plugins to
core is a good moment to rethink how plugins can integrate in the QGIS
interface and allow new ways of interacting (for instance, making it
easy for a plugin to add elements to the properties window, or new
context menus when right-clicking in an element, etc). That's
currently limited (or maybe not well documented), and most plugin
developers tend to do the most tipical thing and add a menu entry in
the "plugins" menu. That is most of the time not the best thing to
do...and clearly not the way to go for a core plugin.