[Qgis-developer] working with qgis and pgadmin/psql...

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 09:38:28 PDT 2014

Hi Giovanni

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 6:03 PM, Giovanni Manghi
<giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> while working with QGIS plus pgadmin and/or psql I often need to close
> DB Manager or even QGIS entirely in oder to be able to perform some
> operations with pgadmin/psql, even when QGIS is completely idle.
>
> Is there any way to avoid this?

What versions are affected - dev / 2.2 / both?
What happens with QGIS / DB manager open? Waiting indefinitely / crash / ... ?

Maybe you are running out of available connections on the PostgreSQL
server - increasing their number in server configuration may help.

Cheers
Martin