[Qgis-developer] QGIS processing tools for transit and traffic

Vincent TINET v.tinet at agam.org
Mon Apr 21 04:34:02 PDT 2014

Hello to everyone.

I’ve created some processing scripts for transit and traffic analysis. They are available at this git repository : https://github.com/chourmo/QGIS-Transit-tools.git

This scripts are working on my data, but may need some testing. This is why I first announce them on this mailing list before doing it in the qgis user list.

It is possible :
- to make a network layer from a GTFS folder, add transfer points and connect to a road network at park-and-ride points
- find shortest times at all network nodes (transit or road) from a layer of start points and then make contour or buffers

I’ve tried to document as much and clearly as possible my scripts, and I’ve added some base data to test the scripts. Some more scripts will be added when I’ll find some time : draw shortest path (transit and road), road speed (curvature, slope, crossing, congestion), contour making, some graph statistics…

My goal is to have zero external dependency. I’ve extensively used qgis network analysis, which is quite fast to use but not that simple to use. I’ll make a separate mail to propose some change.

I hope those scripts will be useful to the qgis community.