[Qgis-developer] QWC: python script for language extractions

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Apr 25 00:47:46 PDT 2014

Hi all,

QGIS web client now has 12 languages. This is positive. But the negative
side effect is that the translation file is now over 100k - too big if
you are only interested in one or two languages.

We are looking for a small python utility that allows the extraction of
the given language codes - e.g. a user only wants languages "en", "fr"
and "de".

I am talking about this file here:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Web-Client/blob/master/site/js/Translations.js

If there is any volunteer who wants to tackle this, or if someone has
already done this, please let us know.

Along the lines we are looking for a way to better deploy QWC, e.g. by
concatenating JS and CSS files into single files and minifying
everything. If someone has experience and could contribute, please let
us know as well.

Thanks,
Andreas