[Qgis-developer] How do a correct GetFeatureInfo request

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 01:31:30 PDT 2014

Hi,

I send this message originally to user list, but perhaps is better to
send to this list.
And meanwhile I update with the last news.
----

We are having some troubles with qgis-server when send a GetFeatureInfo from our
framework webgis (Tolomeo webgis framework).

QGIS-Server is returning a
"Service not specified. The SERVICE parameter is mandatory"
error.

After some test, we perhaps find the issue:

So understand better so I need to hve an information on qgis-server.

When do a POST GetFeatureInfo request,

the parameter SERVICE should be set on the querystring or in a post parameter ?
;)

Infact seem the issue is that the SERVICE parameter is effectively
present but perhaps is not where qgis-server would have it .

Our framework is usually working with mapserver and geoserver and its
settings for parameter GetFeatureInfo work surely with them both.

Now we try to understand where the SERVICE paramete is wanted by
qgis-server when the client do a post request.

Any hint is welcome.

Thx,

-----

After this message , we have do some other test.
The results are that effectively seem the QGIS-Server need to have all
the aprameters in POST section and seem to ignore every paameter put
in the querystring.
Our framewor is using the post only to pass the huges coordinates of a
polyon when the user start to edit it. Instead usually send the
usually parameters in the querystring section.

However after this experience with qgis-server, because this is
effectively a no more clear section of HTTP specs.
We start to change the work of out framework to repeat the same
parameter in the query string also in the POST parameters.

Hope this resolve the issue.