[Qgis-developer] Building and running qgis from master

Jarl Friis jarl at softace.dk
Wed Aug 6 04:27:45 PDT 2014

Hi Jürgen

I did spend some time o ndebugging it, however I ended up wiping my
build directory completely and

reconfiguring with
cmake ..

and then building.

Ending up with a build with much fewer errors and no SEGFAULT:
78% tests passed, 21 tests failed out of 97

However to make cmake .. pass I had to apply a patch, I'll make a pull-request.

What I believe has happend:
I have sometime during the spring configured and built qgis, then
forgot about it some time, then upgrade some packages (probably
libpython), then rebuilt qgis from updated master (even doing cmake,
make clean, make), but then somehow the build has been invalid
resulting in SEGFAULT

Anyway thanks for all your attention.

Jarl