[Qgis-developer] Is QGIS supports dynamic display?

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 20:44:04 PDT 2014

Hi Bob

QGIS allows you to have dynamic objects on top of map canvas. These
objects are called map canvas items, having QgsMapCanvasItem as a base
class. You can either implement your own item or use an existing
implementation, e.g. QgsRubberBand class (used for example to
highlight features when doing identification). In your case, you could
have one QgsRubberBand instance and just change its position on map
whenever appropriate.

Cheers
Martin