[Qgis-developer] Resurrecting the RFC (QEP - QGIS Enhancement Proposal)

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 02:19:56 PDT 2014

Hi Vincent,

You speak of discussion with community.
This is agreement, but the only important to be sure of the work is the
PSC agreement.
If after 2 weeks the PSC say nothing one could start with a contract
for the development ?

Surely better could be have a +1 explicit from the PSC menbers on the
docs before start the work.

And how PSC vot need to say that the RFC is accepted ?

Please note also that a community discussion could bring far from the
objective of the RFC.
And forgot that only the PSC vote are relevant to say the RFC is
accepted or not.

Another question is:

actually 4/7 of PSC are not technical.
This mean that a RFC could be approved without that any one of
technical comptents are say :
"ok it is compatible with actual QGIS, it don't break anything".
Or evalute if what is potentially breakable is reasonable or not.

My dubt is infact.  A compatibility break is a technical question ?
I guess potentially no, because it is more on QGIS usability , but is
technical when
start to say:

hey using this solution you break the past, instead if you use this
other solution you don't break the past.

Is not simply to evaluate this question, and without a QGIS developer
expert is not easy to follow a RFC for a funder.

A.