[Qgis-developer] Python plugins mandatory metadata

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 08:36:33 PDT 2014

> Hi all.
>
> Il 25/08/2014 17:06, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
>
>> I agree they should remain optional for now.
>
> After a few months of managing the plugin approval queue, I still do not understand
> what is the advantage of having plugins without a repo and bugtracker.
> I agree that a home page is not a necessity.

Paolo,

of course the question is not wether is there an advantage but on the
contrary if is there a penalty without that informations.

IMHO the answer: most of the times yes, but not always.

For simpler plugin, a repository is probably not particularly useful
nor is a bug tracker.

But since the final approval step is human-driven, nobody stops you
from unapproving a particular plugin if you really miss one of that
metadata.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it