[Qgis-developer] New layout for expression widget

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 02:44:03 PST 2014

Hey all,

Just a heads up as I'm sure people will notice pretty quick but hopefully
for the better.  I have done some tweaks to the expression widget to make
things a little easier to use and use the screen space better.

The new layout looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/mGwJerN.png
http://i.imgur.com/7sDSxFp.png
http://i.imgur.com/97cTOs3.png

The old one always felt a bit squashed to me and I always found myself
adjusting the size of the dialog to make things fit right, which is
normally a good sign things are wrong. With the addition of the custom
functions section it just wasn't working. Matthias suggested this kind of
layout and I think it works really well.

- Nathan