[Qgis-developer] Error : cannot connect to X server on Ubuntu

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Wed Dec 10 12:07:40 PST 2014

I have never run a processing model standalone, so I cannot help there.
I don't know how closely tied this is to GUI related things. It may or
may not work without X. But if you have to create a QgsApplication which
is a QApplication I am pretty sure that you need to have some kind of X
running. So it would be a matter of getting processing to run without
QgsApplication.
How does hadoop-mapreduce work? Is it not possible to spawn one separate
xvfb-run process per map?