[Qgis-developer] Documentation for QGIS server

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 04:24:31 PST 2014

> Hi Daniel,
>
> Am 2014-12-11 08:51, schrieb Daniel Scholten:
>>
>> Dear QGIS developers,
>>
>> I want to use QGIS-Server to
>> * create a WMS and a WFS,
>

> This should be possible.
>
>> * perform some GIS analysis on-the-fly within my interactive online
>> map to dynamically create new layers and
>

> This does not work out of the box. Will require some serverside scripting.
> QGIS server is not yet a WPS server.
>
>> * enable users of my online map to manipulate some stored geodata.

Hi,

For server-side scripting, I would suggest you to check out the new
API for QGIS server Python plugins (I think it's only available in
master).

At the moment the documentation is still rare (I'm slowly working to
improve it).

By now you can start from here:

http://www.itopen.it/qgis/serverplugins/api/
https://github.com/elpaso/qgis-helloserver