[Qgis-developer] False failures in the testsuite

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 10:54:56 PST 2014

On 12 Dec 2014 5:11 am, "Sandro Santilli" <strk at keybit.net> wrote:

> Once again I'm facing testsuite failures from a branch with NOTHING
> effectively changed. These are the changes in the branch:
>
>   https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/1729/files
>

> As once again I cannot see what difference could my change introduce,
> can it be that the tests are suffering from some code-independent
> glitches making them unstable ? Could it maybe be threading ?
> Or unclearn builds from travis ?

Check the Travis build logs. The failure started with 7f8006f. The commit
message explains what is happening - a fix previously introduced was found
to cause some serious issues so was reverted. As a consequence the original
bug the test was designed to detect has stated failing again. It's a
correct failure, and is now waiting on me finding a better fix than the one
that was reverted...

Nyall