[Qgis-developer] False failures in the testsuite

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Dec 11 13:35:40 PST 2014

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 05:54:56AM +1100, Nyall Dawson wrote:
> On 12 Dec 2014 5:11 am, "Sandro Santilli" <strk at keybit.net> wrote:
> >
> > Once again I'm facing testsuite failures from a branch with NOTHING
> > effectively changed. These are the changes in the branch:
> >
> >   https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/1729/files
> >

> > As once again I cannot see what difference could my change introduce,
> > can it be that the tests are suffering from some code-independent
> > glitches making them unstable ? Could it maybe be threading ?
> > Or unclearn builds from travis ?
>
> Check the Travis build logs. The failure started with 7f8006f. The commit

That commit is not in my branch, so shouldn't be that one.

> message explains what is happening - a fix previously introduced was found
> to cause some serious issues so was reverted. As a consequence the original
> bug the test was designed to detect has stated failing again. It's a
> correct failure, and is now waiting on me finding a better fix than the one
> that was reverted...

I hope that happens quickly as having a non-succeeding master causes
a lot of confusion for those willing to ensure changes do not introduce
regressions. Once master passes again I'll happily rebase there to try
again.

--strk;

 ()  ASCII ribbon campaign  --  Keep it simple !
 /\  http://strk.keybit.net/rants/ascii_mails.txt