[Qgis-developer] EPSG codes

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Fri Dec 12 07:41:34 PST 2014

On 2014/12/12 17:28, Andre Joost wrote:
> Am 12.12.2014 um 15:21 schrieb Zoltan Szecsei:
>> Hi,
>> I have a fresh install of QGIS 2.6 on ubuntu 14.04.1 desktop from the
>> qgis.org/debian trusty main repository (installed a day or two ago)
>> When I set the 'filter' on Project->Properties->CRS to 6148 nothing
>> comes up.
>>
>> On my Windows based QGIS 2.6,   ETRS89 / NTM zone 8  EPSG:6148 comes up.
>>
>> Where/how do I get the EPSG codes updated on the ubuntu install?
>
> The CRS list should get synchronized at the end of the installation.
> If not, your installation is broken at some point. I remember that I
> had to install python-qgis manually when updating to 2.6.1 on Ubuntu,
> and the sync was done with that (and EPSG:6148 is present).
>
> HTH,
> André Joost

Hmmm... I remember I got and older version when I had the ubuntugis
repository, so I uninstalled that and then apt-get installed from the
qgis.org repository.

Is there a definitive list of what to install?
I think I just did:
python-software-properties
qgis
python-qgis

Thanks,

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Services

P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax:    +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za