[Qgis-developer] EPSG codes

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Fri Dec 12 08:09:04 PST 2014

Am 12.12.2014 um 16:41 schrieb Zoltan Szecsei:
> On 2014/12/12 17:28, Andre Joost wrote:
>> Am 12.12.2014 um 15:21 schrieb Zoltan Szecsei:
>>> Hi,
>>> I have a fresh install of QGIS 2.6 on ubuntu 14.04.1 desktop from the
>>> qgis.org/debian trusty main repository (installed a day or two ago)
>>> When I set the 'filter' on Project->Properties->CRS to 6148 nothing
>>> comes up.
>>>
>>> On my Windows based QGIS 2.6,   ETRS89 / NTM zone 8  EPSG:6148 comes up.
>>>
>>> Where/how do I get the EPSG codes updated on the ubuntu install?
>>
>> The CRS list should get synchronized at the end of the installation.
>> If not, your installation is broken at some point. I remember that I
>> had to install python-qgis manually when updating to 2.6.1 on Ubuntu,
>> and the sync was done with that (and EPSG:6148 is present).
>>
>> HTH,
>> André Joost
>
> Hmmm... I remember I got and older version when I had the ubuntugis
> repository, so I uninstalled that and then apt-get installed from the
> qgis.org repository.

You should look for ubuntugis-unstable, 2.6.1 is from Sun, 30 Nov 2014
22:07:45 +0100

> Is there a definitive list of what to install?
> I think I just did:
> python-software-properties
> qgis
> python-qgis

I just did sudo apt-get update and apt-get upgrade, and saw that the
qgis packages were held back. So I forced the install of qgis and
python-qgis manually, and everything worked again.

In Windows I know where to find the postinstall.log, I'm not sure where
it is logged on Ubuntu.

HTH,
André Joost