[Qgis-developer] EPSG codes

Trevor Wiens tsw.web at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 09:05:47 PST 2014

I have two debian Wheezy systems. One with 2.4 and the other with 2.6.1.

In the 2.4 instance 6148 is present and in the 2.6.1 instance it is not

Runing /usr/lib/qgis/crssync does not solve the issue. It updates various
files including

/usr/share/qgis/resources/srs.db

On the box with 2.4 there is a table called tbl_srs which has 5630 records
including one for EPSG:6148. On the 2.6.1 box this same table has 5325
records and no entry for EPSG:6148.

It is unclear which package provides this database that does seem to be the
source of the issue.

Hope that helps.

TSW

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 9:12 AM, Zoltan Szecsei <zoltans at geograph.co.za>
wrote:

> On 2014/12/12 18:09, Andre Joost wrote:
>

>>  Hmmm... I remember I got and older version when I had the ubuntugis
>>> repository, so I uninstalled that and then apt-get installed from the
>>> qgis.org repository.
>>>

>> You should look for ubuntugis-unstable, 2.6.1 is from Sun, 30 Nov 2014
>> 22:07:45 +0100
>>

> OK - cool - thanks.
> Regards,
> Zoltan
>

>>> Is there a definitive list of what to install?
>>> I think I just did:
>>> python-software-properties
>>> qgis
>>> python-qgis
>>>

>> I just did sudo apt-get update and apt-get upgrade, and saw that the qgis
>> packages were held back. So I forced the install of qgis and python-qgis
>> manually, and everything worked again.
>>
>> In Windows I know where to find the postinstall.log, I'm not sure where
>> it is logged on Ubuntu.
>>
>> HTH,
>> André Joost

> Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
> Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
> GIS and Photogrammetric Services
>
> P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.
>
> Mobile: +27-83-6004028
> Fax:    +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za

Trevor Wiens
Apropos Information Systems