[Qgis-developer] Snapping tolerance

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 22:02:02 PST 2014

Hi

Recently I have been working on some snapping improvements (more about that
later) and I have found one slightly surprising thing about the
configuration of tolerances: if the tolerance unit is set to "map units",
it actually means "layer units" - i.e. units in layer's CRS and not in
project's CRS. Recently there was even a bug report filed for that:
https://hub.qgis.org/issues/11634

I would like to change the behavior so that the "map units" in snapping
config dialog would mean units in project's CRS. Would there be any
objections?

Alternatively we could just rename "map units" to "layer units" to make it
less surprising (and eventually add a third option to use project's units).

Cheers
Martin