[Qgis-developer] EPSG codes

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Mon Dec 15 08:16:35 PST 2014

On 2014/12/15 18:03, Andre Joost wrote:
> Am 15.12.2014 um 13:17 schrieb Zoltan Szecsei:
>> On 2014/12/12 23:07, Andre Joost wrote:
>>>
>>> Installing from Ubuntugis-unstable for trusty 14.04 will give you gdal
>>> 1.11 with the desired EPSG:6148. For Ubuntu Utopic 14.10, there is
>>> currently qgis, but no gdal package available.
>>
>> I'm hoping to get gdal-bin current/latest on my ubuntu  12.04 (lucid)
>> box, but the ubuntugis unstable lucid repository comes up with IGN.
>> Presumably because there have been no backports to lucid?
>
> lucid was 10.04, 12.04 is Precise.
Aaargh - sorry - I meant 10.04 (lucid is correct)

> For 10.04, gdal 1.11 is packaged, but qgis only 2.0.1 (and older than
> the gdal package). This might bring some trouble, if the old qgis
> package was compiled with gdal 1.10.
I wonder if that's how I messed it up some time back.
I normally don't use the server for "work", but I have 4TB of orthos to
check/process, so was wanting to run my bash/awk scripts on the server
instead of across the network.

> For 12.04, gdal 1.10.0 and QGIS 2.6.1 are packaged. My own 12.04 box
> still has QGIS 2.2 installed, with no EPSG:6148 (as expected).
This is not about the 6148 any more, but about gdal_edit.py and some
newer gdal functionality that 1.9 does not have.

> What do you mean by "comes up with IGN"?
apt-get update lists the repositories as it scans them. 'Hit' means
changes found, and 'IGN' means "same as on local system" ie: nothing to
download.
See:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/294525/what-does-ign-mean-when-running-an-apt-get-update

>> I've tried to fool it by simply replacing 'lucid' with 'trusty' in the
>> sources.list file,
>

> That trick was too easy ;-)
>

>> Is there any way I can do this?
>>

> You can grab the source package from
> http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/CURRENT/
>
> Look for the file compdcs.csv in /gdal-1.11.1/data/, and push it into
> your /usr/share/gdal/1.10 folder. Then re-run /usr/lib/qgis/crssync. You
> need root rights for both operations.
I'll try the above if I am "pushed", but I'm loath to mass-change stuff
on my server.
Reality is, is that I need to update the server to 14.04. Now, where was
that round tuit I had .........
Thanks Andre.
Regards,
Zoltan

> HTH,
> André Joost

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Services

P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax:    +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za