[Qgis-developer] Ugly jumping maps while zooming

Mathieu Pellerin nirvn.asia at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 04:14:26 PST 2014

Thanks for fixing the jumping issue for non-rotated canvas.

That said, I'm wondering whether the rotation feature should be exposed in
the status bar unless all of the basic canvas interactions are "taught" how
to deal with rotation (which inc. flawless zoom / pan experience and
probably  north arrow decoration as it really doesn't look good for qgis to
have rotated map with a broken north arrow).

Maybe if you believe you can't commit more time n energy on this for 2.8,
the status bar item can be moved to project settings? I'm a fan of the
feature, so hoping it'll stay n improve.

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 09:07:32AM +0000, Ziegler Stefan wrote:

> The jumping is gone when there is no rotation.

Thanks for testing. Martin merged the fix into master.

> But it has some strange behaviour when drawing the zooming rectangle
> with a rotated map (see attached image).

Known (by me) issue. I thought I also filed a ticket for this but could
not find it now, can you do that yourself ? Please add the "rotation"
tag in the report.

Generally speaking, there are many places that need to learn about core
rotation. Searching the tracker for issues with "rotation" tag is a good
starting point.

I've only had enough fundings to add the core support. I'll work on fixing
any regression in absence of rotation (like the "jumping" one) but will not
approach further enhancements until I either have some spare time or find
more sponsors.

--strk;