[Qgis-developer] Ugly jumping maps while zooming

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Dec 22 05:18:05 PST 2014

On 22-12-14 12:37, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 11:09:06AM +0000, Nathan Woodrow wrote:
>
>> Am I reading this as you are not doing any more rotation work?
>
> Right now I'm doing work on contextual WMS legend, which is funded.
> Will get back to rotation later. Probably first or second week of January.
>
>> Are you planning on fixing the bugs opened against the feature?
>
> I plan to make a call for funding to work on those bugs, but need to
> find the time for that too. Maybe during christmas holidays.
>
> If the feature is not ready for feature freeze, it could maybe just be
> hidden from the GUI as suggested in http://hub.qgis.org/issues/11829

Hi Sandro,

are you sure 'hiding' will be enough for a stable ('LTS'(?)) QGIS version?

from the remarks and questions here on the list I get the feeling that
there is some more work/discussion to do ( besides the little gui
glitches already mentioned, also bigger issues need more thorough
discussion: for example the composer and the openlayers plugin
consequences ).

while I appreciate the functionality, AND the benefits of some
side-effects of the 'map rotation'-work: eg the fixing of tests, the
discussion about how to keep the state of the map etc, my gut-feeling is
that the actual rotation work has too much consequences on other
code/behaviour.

What do you think?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde