[Qgis-developer] Change link to bug reporting instructions on plugins.qgis.org

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Wed Feb 5 13:11:09 PST 2014

Hi Anita,

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 1:52 PM, Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Who can change the link on
> http://plugins.qgis.org/
>
> from http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Bugreports
> http://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/index#bugs-features-and-issues.html

I think it would be very handy for users and devs who provide support to
the public to have a handful of short and semantic sub-domain perma-links
to such changeable URLs, e.g.:

issues.qgis.org  <-- goes to issue tracker
py.qgis.org  <-- goes to cookbook in the docs
... and so on

We already have (off the top of my head):
docs.qgis.org  <-- resolves nicely, like above should
plugins.qgis.org

Then, if in the future the resolved URL changes, the perm-link remains
valid in places like gis.stackexchange.com, etc.

Regards,

Larry