[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] Announcing the QGIS Podcast

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Mon Feb 10 16:25:51 PST 2014

Hi

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 2:25 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde
<rdmailings at duif.net>wrote:

> On 10-02-14 17:27, Tim Sutton wrote:
> > Hi All
> >
> > You may be interested in the QGIS podcast that we (Nathan Woodrow and
> > myself) started.
> >
> > http://qgispodcast.libsyn.com/
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> I created podcast.qgis.org pointing to the libsyn page.

Ah cool thanks! Maybe its better to use a CNAME record so it doesnt
redirect to libsyn?

> Currently I create a config for every subhost, have to find out how to
> do this more efficient...

For now that is fine - when I get the time I will build a proper page (in
theme of qgis.org).

> Is there an advantage to host it there? Or should we move the mp3 to
> somewhere on qgis2 server?

Yes they syndicate it for you to various services and have local mirrors
load balancing etc. so if we ever get popular it will cope with the
download demand :-)

Regards

Tim

> Regards,
>
> Richard

Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net