[Qgis-developer] Fwd: Plugin

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Feb 10 23:56:42 PST 2014

On 11-02-14 05:11, Mohd Rusdi Hamid wrote:
> I have username and password in database postgresql. I want user access
> or view data using their account as attachment. Can you help me teach
> how to build plugin. because i have old plugin not support for latest qgis.

Well, too be honest, I do not think that is possible via email and
without the code.

Best is to have a look at the python documentation of QGIS:

 http://py.qgis.org

You can use the python code from existing plugins to have a look at how
you can structure your plugins.

You are talking about an existing plugin which is not working anymore
because of the api change in QGIS 2.0. I think it would be be better,
and less work to upgrade that plugin.
You can email the original author to do it for you, or use these pages:

 http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/17/Python_plugin_API_changes_from_18_to_20
 http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Plugin_Compatibility

to determine what has to be changed.

If you put the code in Github, you can ask other developers here to have
a look into it.

Hope this is helpful enough.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde