[Qgis-developer] one email address for plugin approvers

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Thu Feb 13 16:11:21 PST 2014

HI,

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 4:57 PM, Nathan Woodrow <madmanwoo at gmail.com> wrote:

> -1 for forcing people to use a single system. I am happy to make a source
> repo mandatory, anyone who touches code should know to do that anyway
> however I don't want to force people into a system they don't want/like.  I
> prefer github to our own hub so I would not upload a plugin if forced to
> change.

Concur on this viewpoint.

On a similar note, I find the most annoying part of plugins to be the lack
of coherent descriptions and missing changelogs. I really *want* to know
what a plugin actually does, and what's changed, before I upgrade it.

IMO such user-oriented documentation should be an ongoing requirement.

Many users are not necessarily going to go to the developer's web site to
figure out what the plugin does; though, that's often what you have to do
now, sometimes to no avail. I still have no idea what many plugins are for,
where they show up in the GUI (if at all) or how to use them once installed.

Regards,

Larry