[Qgis-developer] Embedded group bug ?

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 00:41:20 PST 2014

Hi list,

Yesterday I played a little bit with the feature "Embed layers or groups".
I works well for single layers, but it seems to behave randomly for groups.
For example, embedding a group containing sub-groups and layers does not
produce the right result in my case : the group is imported, but only
contains the sub-group. All the layers from parent project origninally
contained in the group root are imported in the root of the legend in the
child project. Second problem : the layers are imported with reverse order
compared to their order in the parent project.

Espected behaviour :

* imported group
-- * sub-group
---- * layer A
---- * layer B
-- * layer 1
-- * layer 2

Actual "buggy" behaviour :

* layer 2
* layer 1
* imported group
-- * layer B
-- * layer A

And I cannot move the layers 1 and 2 afterwards in the "imported group" as
the embedded groups are read-only.

Has anyone seen this happen ?
I would be happy to report a bug in hub.qgis.org

Michael