[Qgis-developer] Failing tests consider blockers

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 02:25:57 PST 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 7:53 PM, Jürgen E. <jef at norbit.de> wrote:

> We just have releases.  The plan is to release what we have on release
> day.  Of
> course that should be in the best possible shape, but whatever we do it
> will
> have known und unknown bugs.

While it's good to have a plan releasing software with regressions is not a
good. Bugs are expected but regressions will drive users away.  Blocking
tickets should only be reserved for regressions and should be fixed before
a release is called, even if the only bugs we fix before the release is
regressions I think it is a smart move.

That is not to say we should hold off the release forever but if we have a
few blocking issues and it only adds a couple of days/weeks, or even maybe
a month, to the final release date, I would rather see that then release
something with major regressions and annoy users.

- Nathan