[Qgis-developer] QGIS MetaSearch Catalogue Client 0.1.0 released

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Mon Feb 24 00:54:42 PST 2014

Hi Tom,

I see you started collecting Meta Data Catalogues (at least on national scale) for the default services in the plugin.

I like the idea very much. What about asking (QGIS) users explicitly to provide addresses for their countries? Such a collection would be really valuable (especially for people working across borders) and maybe also of interest for other projects as there are already comparable initiatives on collecting information on available data:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Geodata_Discovery_Working_Group
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Global_datasets

What do you think?

Cheers,