[Qgis-developer] Some notes of 2.2. OpenSuse 12.3 ""release"

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 04:50:33 PST 2014

Hi,

On 02/25/2014 05:04 AM, Kari Salovaara wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for all developers of huge and fantastic work again.
> I've OpenSuse 12.3 updated about per midnight (GMT 24.2.2014 23:00). and
> qgis2-2.2.0-6.1
Can you please provide a full list of repositories that you have enabled
in your 12.3 environment?

> I'd some notices of small "bugs". I was not able to use other machinery so I
> don't know ......
>
> 1. Manage and Install Plugins ... -> Upgradeable ; I've two left after I
> upgraded all others.
> mmqgis and Qgis2threejs both tell "There is a new version available"
> I've tried both Upgrade all and Upgrade plugin. Restarted QGIS and tried again.
> They just won't want to be upgraded.
Please try to erase those plugins completely from your environment and
install again from the Plugins Manager.
I cannot reproduce this issue.

> Then I uninstalled mmqgis and installed again. Now it has been upgraded but is
> again in the list of upgradeable. If You look the numbering where I expect the
> error lie ?
>

> Installed version: 2014.01.06 (in /home/kari/.qgis2/python/plugins/mmqgis)
> Available version: 2014.1.6 (in QGIS Official Plugin Repository)
>
> - and uninstall->install>result was also
>
> Installed version: 0.06 (in /home/kari/.qgis2/python/plugins/Qgis2threejs)
> Available version: 0.6 (in QGIS Official Plugin Repository)
>
> - those leading zeroes ?

Please try to wipe out .qgis2 folder and re-install the plugins.

> 2. jp2 (Jpeg2000) files don't work/render at all. That was not a surprise in
> OpenSuse. Have to force kill and restart qgis.
It is a surprise to me, openSUSE was the first distribution to have
OpenJPEG v2 packaged in Factory...
Plus, I can work with jp2 files in 13.1
Can you please provide a jp2 file that fails for you so I can test?

> 3. in About -> License is missing (totally white) ;)

Confirmed, I will take a look at this, thanks.

> Regards,
> Kari
>
> PS. Installation
> QGIS version    2.2.0-Valmiera    QGIS code revision    exported
> Compiled against Qt    4.8.4    Running against Qt    4.8.4
> Compiled against GDAL/OGR    1.10.1    Running against GDAL/OGR 1.10.1
> Compiled against GEOS    3.4.2-CAPI-1.8.2    Running against GEOS
> 3.4.2-CAPI-1.8.2 r3921
> PostgreSQL Client Version    9.2.4    SpatiaLite Version    4.1.1
> QWT Version    5.2.3    PROJ.4 Version    480
> QScintilla2 Version
>
> --
> Kari Salovaara
> Hanko, Finland
>
> "Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart." ~Elizabeth Andrew

Thank you for your feedback.

Best,
Angelos

--