[Qgis-developer] Multi-threading rendering merged to master

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 00:59:06 PST 2014

Hi Larry

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 5:55 AM, Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> This is just awesome work!
>
> Unfortunately, all but the simplest labeling tests (default labels of mm
> unit) fail, especially any that utilize labels in map units. In your
> forthcoming detailed description of changes you mentioned, could you add
> some info on what may have changed with regards to output resolution?

I am sorry about that, but I am sure we can sort it out in the next
few days. Mathieu has done a great job testing post-MTR rendering and
reporting regressions, just today he has added #9661 and #9662 - maybe
these are the issues causing the tests fail.

The main change is that doing size/width calculations should get
simpler now, because the "scale factor" and "raster scale factor" are
now always equal to one (so we do not need to use them anymore) and
there is just one true DPI (instead of two DPIs - painter DPI and
scene DPI). I know that labeling had to do some voodoo to get the
rendering right, I remember updating that code, but maybe I missed
some pieces....

Regards
Martin