[Qgis-developer] Timer issues with threaded rendering on Windows

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Feb 27 07:58:41 PST 2014

Hi,

I am testing the threaded rendering on Windows 7, 64bit. Unfortunately,
I often get "hangs" and in the log I get messages like:

QObject::startTimer: timers cannot be started from another thread
QObject::killTimer: timers cannot be stopped from another thread

QGIS than hangs for a couple of seconds until I can navigate again. This
happens quite often.

I also notice there is a considerable lag between the rendering of
features and the labeling.

My data is in Postgis, the server in the same LAN.

Any idea on what may be wrong?

Thanks,
Andreas