[Qgis-developer] Timer issues with threaded rendering on Windows

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 01:29:37 PST 2014

Hi Andreas

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 10:58 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am testing the threaded rendering on Windows 7, 64bit. Unfortunately, I
> often get "hangs" and in the log I get messages like:

> QObject::startTimer: timers cannot be started from another thread
> QObject::killTimer: timers cannot be stopped from another thread
>
> QGIS than hangs for a couple of seconds until I can navigate again. This
> happens quite often.

The warnings should be fixed now (2081fc). Please check again if you
still have hangs.

> I also notice there is a considerable lag between the rendering of features
> and the labeling.

This is because first you get the layers rendered, after that the
labeling is started (especially with polygons the labeling may take
quite some time compared to rendering). Or is the total time
noticeable longer with master than with 2.2 ?

Regards
Martin